Skule™ Endowment Fund
The Skule™ Endowment Fund (SEF) is a fund that is added to every year through a special Student Levy. The interest earned on this fund is used each year on various student projects and initiatives. It establishes a perpetual source of funds dedicated exclusively to the improvement of the student experience of undergraduate engineering students at the University of Toronto.
The SEF will be governed in an open and transparent fashion, for the benefit of students, in cooperation with the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering and the University of Toronto. The SEF will support initiatives, projects and services, in whole or in part, that enhance the undergraduate experience of the student body. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Student clubs and design teams;
- Capital improvements to University buildings and infrastructure;
- Laboratory equipment for extracurricular use;
- Engineering Society activities and operations.
A compiled list of past projects financed by the SEF is available here.
Application ProcessApplication Download
- Fill in the written application.
- Email both the application and any relevant files to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject:
“SEF Spring 2019 Application – (Name of Organization/Project)”
- The application will be discussed by the SEF Subcommittee to reach a recommendation.
- The SEF Committee will review and approve individual allocations. Funds will the distributed after this stage.
Students are able to opt of the fund each year during February/March, and a cheque for the amount paid will be cut, payable to them, by the Engineering Society. This is to account for students who disagree with the premise of the Fund or for those who have significant financial hardships. The current SEF out-out period for 2018-2019 is February 15, 2019 to March 1, 2019 at 11:59 PM. No exceptions will be made. You can opt out at this link.