The Engineering Society is run by volunteers in a wide variety of positions. It would be impossible to list everyone who contributes to its operation, but this page includes information about many of those volunteers. To read more about each role, what that person does, and how you can contact them, expand one of the categories below.
I’m an ECE1T6+PEY pursuing a minor in sustainable energy. Academically, I’m interested in power electronics, high-voltage energy systems, and control systems.
1. Determine a vision for EngSoc and give direction to the broader goals that the team intends to pursue
2. Oversee the operations of EngSoc, ensuring that everything is running smoothly and that everyone has the resources needed to achieve their goals
3. Represent engineering students and student interests & concerns to the faculty, university, and beyond
4. Put out fires, both literal and metaphorical, as they come up
5. Be approachable and accessible to hear what you want to see from EngSoc and what you have to say
Goals for the year
1. Inspire people to be more engaged in what EngSoc has to offer, whether it be through volunteering opportunities or event attendance
2. Shatter the perception that you have to know people to get involved or that it’s not worth the time; there’s something for every interest!
3. Improve the reliability of core services that already exist for students by updating the various infrastructures in place
4. Make it easier for students to offer their feedback, voice their concerns, and enable them to bring their ideas to life
5. Solidify the portfolios of new directorships including the Mental Wellness Director and External Relations Director
6. Fee Diversion 2.0?
I can wiggle both of my ears independently without moving my eyebrows. Give it a try. It’s super tough.
I’m an ECE 1T6 + PEY specializing in energy systems and electronics.
1. Engineering Society Operating Budget
2. Club Funding
3. Skule Endowment Fund
4. Temporary Levy Fund
5. Cheque Requisitions
6. Special Projects Funding
7. Overseeing the Finance Committee
Goals for the year
1. Increase the awareness of financial services available to students
2. Take advantage of EngSoc’s web presence to provide more information on how EngSoc money has been used in the past
3. Improve the cheque requisition process to refund students faster and more efficiently
4. Maintain a healthy operating budget
I’m a computer engineering student entering my fourth year at Skule.
1. Manage EngSoc’s communication infrastructure, including the Skule Digest, the Pit plasma screen, and skule.ca.
2. Approve EngSoc’s publications like the F!rosh Handbook, Toike Oike, Cannon, and Skulebook
3. Maintain an accurate record of Board of Directors meeting minutes and EngSoc’s bylaws and policies
4. Oversee EngSoc’s branding and the marketing of its initiatives
Goals for the year
1. Improve EngSoc’s web infrastructure by ensuring its servers are more reliable, adding more comprehensive information to its websites, and letting people access more forms digitally
2. Help the Policy and Structures Committee to clarify EngSoc’s bylaws and make them compliant with the incoming Ontario’s Not-for-Profit Corporations Act
3. Make it easier for students to understand what EngSoc does and why you might want to get involved
4. Work with the EngSoc ombudsperson to improve our anonymous feedback methods. (If you think we’re doing something wrong, I want us to hear about it!)
I walk faster than any of my friends. Unfortunately, I also have no sense of direction.
I’m an MSE 1T8 hoping to specialize in nanoengineering, a full time cheese and travel enthusiast, and part-time Robarts hermit. You might recognize me if you were out at any Hi-Skule events last year!
1. Overseeing the Academic Advocacy Committee (AAC)
2. Designing Frosh Anti-Calendar
3. Running Mid-Course Feedback
4. Class Representatives
5. Faculty Council Standing Committees (FCSC)
6. courses.skule.ca & tutors.skule.ca
7. Getting feedback from you to improve your academic experiences at SKULE! Don’t hesitate to reach out about any questions about the VPA portfolio, and how you can get involved this year.
Goals for the year
1. Improve transparency to students within the VPA Portfolio.
2. Building out courses.skule.ca as a digital anticalendar and student hub to advertise opportunities to get involved in academic advocacy/how the academic portfolio of EngSoc functions.
3. Provide better EngSoc exposure and training for Class Representatives.
4. Combat student apathy in Mid Course Feedback by strengthening communication channels within the VPA portfolio.
My hometown (Collingwood, ON) is so small that instead of having destination signs on our local buses, they just say “Have a nice day!” because everyone already knows where the bus is going.
I’m a Mechanical Engineering student that’s too dependent on coffee and still deciding between manufacturing and mechatronics for a stream. My TrackOne indecisiveness never left me and if you ever expect me do exercise then I shall laugh, go buy a burger and fries and then laugh some more.
1. Clubs (affiliations, clubs day, clubs orientation, allocating space)
2. Affiliation Committee, Positive Space Committee and the Finance Committee
3. Overseeing Orientation, Cannonball, Gradball, Skule Kup, SCOre, and the Mental Wellness Directors
4. Working with the Design Team Association representative
5. Managing space (256 Mccaul, 704 Spadina)
Goals for the year
1. Reach out to more students, get more people involved in Skule™ and reduce apathy
2. Increasing outgoing feedback from the members of the society
3. Engaging and streamlining clubs and club affiliation
4. Starting a Club of the Week Initiative
No one can get my name right on the first try. One of my friends thought my name was requiem for a solid two weeks.
Board of Directors
At-Large Rep: Kevin Rupasinghe (email@example.com)
At-Large Rep: Oghosa Igbinakenzua (firstname.lastname@example.org)
At-Large Rep: Ryan Williams (email@example.com)
At-Large Rep: Twesh Upadhyaya (firstname.lastname@example.org)
First-Year Rep: Muskan Sethi (email@example.com)
First-Year Rep: Danil Ojha (firstname.lastname@example.org)
First-Year Rep: Kevin Zhang (email@example.com)
Chemical Engineering Rep: Jason Tang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Civil Engineering Rep: Sneha Adhikari (email@example.com)
Computer Engineering Rep: Billy Graydon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Electrical Engineering Rep: Danja Papajani (email@example.com)
Engineering Science Rep: Apurv Bharadwaj (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Industrial Engineering Rep: Aron Sankar (email@example.com)
Mechanical Engineering Rep: Mark Chaboryk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MSE Rep: Mahta Massoud (email@example.com)
Mineral Engineering Rep: Olivia Mogielnicki (firstname.lastname@example.org)
UTSU Rep (ex-officio): Ryan Gomes (email@example.com)
Speaker: Eric Bryce (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Discipline Club Chairs
Chemical Engineering Club Chair: Neha Bhasin (email@example.com)
Civil Engineering Club Chair: Rachel Jorritsma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Computer Engineering Club Chair: Brandon Norberto (email@example.com)
Electrical Engineering Club Chair: Patrick Howell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Engineering Science Club Chair: Judy Shen (email@example.com)
Industrial Engineering Club Chair: Anitha Jeremiah (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mechanical Engineering Club Chair: Vinoj Suthakara (email@example.com)
Mineral Engineering Club Chair: Marko Lopac (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) Club Chair: Bryan James (email@example.com)
Engineering Athletics Association President: Kirk Regan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Seenyur Bnad Leedur: Will Merrick (email@example.com)
Chief Attiliator: You wish! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
First Year Chair: Chris Dryden (email@example.com)
Fourth Year Chair: Aidan Solala (firstname.lastname@example.org)
UTSU Reps: Andrew Sweeny (email@example.com), Addy Bhatia (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Danja Papajani (email@example.com)
Blue and Gold Committee Chairs: Josh Calafato and Ozan Coşkun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Skule Nite Liaison: Alexander Perelgut
Student Governor: Vacant
You’re Next Career Network President: Daksh Sikri (email@example.com)
Mature Students’ Chair: Peter Singh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Part-Time Students’ Chair: Vacant
First-Year Civil Engineering Rep: Christian Pavlidis (email@example.com)
First-Year Computer Engineering Rep: Noah Poplove (firstname.lastname@example.org)
First-Year Electrical Engineering Rep: Josh Hartmann (email@example.com)
First-Year Engineering Science Rep: Matthew Zhang & Joanna Zhou (firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com)
First-Year Industrial Engineering Rep: Linda Ren & Hanin Afzal (firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com)
First-Year Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) Rep: Calvin Yu Huynh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
First-Year Mechanical Engineering Rep: Hannah Eng (email@example.com)
First-Year Mineral Engineering Rep: Sam McCulloch (firstname.lastname@example.org)
First-Year TrackOne Engineering Rep: Jane Illarionova (email@example.com)
Second-Year Civil Engineering Rep: Yaser Habib (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Second-Year Computer Engineering Rep: Henry Xu (email@example.com)
Second-Year Electrical Engineering Rep: Katherine Rich (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Second-Year Engineering Science Rep: Charlie Yang (email@example.com)
Second-Year Industrial Engineering Rep: Lauren Ip (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Second-Year Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) Rep: Brittny Carter (email@example.com)
Second-Year Mechanical Engineering Rep: Marie Floryan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Second-Year Mineral Engineering Rep: Stefano Girardo (email@example.com)
Third-Year Civil Engineering Rep: Zhexiang Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Third-Year Computer Engineering Rep: James Jin (email@example.com)
Third-Year Electrical Engineering Rep: Fay Huang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Third-Year Engineering Science Rep: Jane Seo (email@example.com)
Third-Year Industrial Engineering Rep: Jade Khiev (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Third-Year Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) Rep: Daniel Brlas (email@example.com)
Third-Year Mechanical Engineering Rep: Katherine Pryzlak (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Third-Year Mineral Engineering Rep: Margarita Ibarra (email@example.com)
Fourth-Year Civil Engineering Rep: Vacant
Fourth-Year Computer Engineering Rep: Billy Graydon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fourth-Year Electrical Engineering Rep: Olga Bondarev (email@example.com)
Fourth-Year Engineering Science Rep: Danny (Yi) Zhang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fourth-Year Industrial Engineering Rep: Mim Haque (email@example.com)
Fourth-Year Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) Rep: Bryan James (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fourth-Year Mechanical Engineering Rep: Dawn Virginillo (email@example.com)
Fourth-Year Mineral Engineering Rep: Sarah Heffernan (firstname.lastname@example.org)