Skule™ Endowment Fund
The Skule™ Endowment Fund (SEF) is a fund that is added to every year through a special Student Levy. The interest earned on this fund is used each year on various student projects and initiatives. It establishes a perpetual source of funds dedicated exclusively to the improvement of the student experience of undergraduate engineering students at the University of Toronto.
The SEF will be governed in an open and transparent fashion, for the benefit of students, in cooperation with the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering and the University of Toronto. The SEF will support initiatives, projects and services, in whole or in part, that enhance the undergraduate experience of the student body. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Student clubs and design teams;
- Capital improvements to University buildings and infrastructure;
- Laboratory equipment for extracurricular use;
- Engineering Society activities and operations.
A compiled list of past projects financed by the SEF is available here.
Currently Closed. Applications will open October 1, please check back then.
- Fill in the written application.
- Email both the application and any relevant files to email@example.com with the subject:
“SEF Application – (Name of Organization/Project)”
- The application will be discussed by the SEF Subcommittee to reach a recommendation.
- The SEF Committee will review and approve individual allocations. Funds will the distributed after this stage.
2T1 - 2T2 TimelineSummer 2021
- June 2021 - Call for proposals
- End of June 2021 - Deadline for submissions
- July 2021 - Recommendation report delivered to Endowment Fund Committee
- Mid July 2021 - Final approval granted
- Early August 2021 - Funding released
- October 2021 - Call for proposals
- End of October 2021 - Deadline for submissions
- Mid November 2021 - Recommendation report delivered to Endowment Fund Committee
- Late November 2021 - Final approval granted
- Early December 2021 - Funding released
- January 2022 - Call for proposals
- Mid February 2022 - Deadline for submissions
- Early March 2022 - Recommendation report delivered to Endowment Fund Committee
- Mid March 2022 - Final approval granted
- Late March 2022 - Funding released