The Engineering Society Office will be open starting September 6th, with reduced hours of 11am - 5pm Mon-Fri. If you are unable to come to campus, please email your completed cheque requisition form to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com. Send in scanned copies of your receipts and drop off the originals at a later date.
What is a Cheque Requisition?
A cheque requisition is a form that is filed to receive reimbursement for expenses paid on behalf of yourÂ affiliated group (i.e. Engineering Society associated entity, directorship or affiliated club). You must attach original receipts with your cheque requisition. You can attach multiple receipts to your form because each line item on the form is for a different receipt. An example form is here. Please note each line item would have a corresponding receipt submitted with the form.
Where Can I Get a Form?
You canÂ pick up a copy of the form in the Engineering Society office or print one from the following link.
Where Do I Submit My Form?
Forms can be submittedÂ as a hard copy to the Engineering Society office. The VP Finance will review your form, and theÂ business manager will email you once your cheque is ready. You can also email a scanned or digital copy of your cheque requisition forms to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com. You must also scan and send copies of your receipts with the form AND save the original for collection at a later date. Your reimbursement can then be e-transferred to you at the email you provided on the form.
Doâ€™s and Donâ€™ts of a Cheque Requisition
- Donâ€™t: Purchase EngSoc items and personal items in the same transaction. It makes tallying theÂ final approved amount much more complicated, and it is very easy to ask a cashier to do twoÂ separate transactions for you. It will save both you and the VP Finance a lot of headaches if yourÂ receipts are for EngSoc items only!
- Don't: Leave submissions to the last minute.
- Do: Double check your cheque requisition form before submitting. Submitting a chequeÂ requisition with addition errors or missing information will delay the process of issuing you yourÂ reimbursement cheque, which you do not want!
- Do: Attach original receipts. For auditing purposes, all original receipts MUST be attached toÂ your cheque requisition form.
- Do: Write clearly. Having legible handwriting means there will be no confusion with the amountÂ requested or the contact email on the form.
- Do: Ask questions if you are unsure where to put an expense on the cheque requisition form.Â Things like gas charges do not go under â€œTips or Otherâ€, this is a regular line item just like anyÂ other expense.
If you have any questions about the cheque requisition process, please contact the VP Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org.