President Christopher Kousinioris
Who am I? I’m an EngSci 2T0 + PEY and I am incredibly excited to be working as your President this year! My family is originally from Greece, but I have lived my whole life in Toronto. Being so far away from my extended family has meant local communities played a big role in my life. Which is why I feel so blessed to be a part of this big extended family that is Skule™. If you see me around campus, please don’t hesitate to say hello or stop by the EngSoc office to chat. All the best, and I hope to meet many of you soon!
- Determine a vision for EngSoc and give direction to the broader goals that the team intends to pursue.
- Oversee the operations of EngSoc, ensuring that everything is running smoothly and that everyone has the resources needed to achieve their goals.
- Represent engineering students and student interests & concerns to the faculty, university, and beyond.
- Put out fires, both literal and metaphorical, as they come up.
- Be approachable and accessible to hear what you want to see from EngSoc and what you have to say.
Goals for the Year
- Manage EngSoc’s response to the effects of Covid-19 and a potentially online semester.
- Work with the Engineering Career Centre to ensure their new proposal respects students and their needs.
- Support the University and Faculty in their updates to mental health services.
- Lead meaningful progress on long term initiatives such as a website update or Pit renovations.
- Work with VP Finance to run efficient and useful commercial operations. Including the new deployment of our vending machines.
- Work with VP Academic to ensure students voices are represented when deciding how to operate a partially online semester.
- Work with VP Communications to update our digital backend and create new more engaging content.
- Work with VP Student Life to support clubs and design teams in a physically distanced world.
Fun Fact! I’m in the second last ever class of the Engineering Science Infrastructure option students and there are only 5 of us! I used to race sailboats competitively in Lake Ontario (very cold). And I generally love all things urban planning, public transport and Aerospace.