Certain student groups on campus have their own levy that comes from students in addition to other ancillary fees. The purpose of these levies is to provide some of the larger clubs with a regular source of income that fund complex design projects, long distance competitions, and various other activities that students can become involved in.
Levies are determined by holding a referendum among the entire Engineering Undergraduate student body, and must be renewed every 2 years to ensure that there is still a desire to continue funding each group. The current levies in place are listed below:
- University of Toronto Robotics Association ($2.00 per semester)
- University of Toronto Aerospace Team ($3.32 per semester)
- Engineers Without Borders ($1.50 per semester)
- University of Toronto Concrete Canoe Team ($1.25 per semester)
- University of Toronto Formula SAE Racing Team ($2.75 per semester)
- University of Toronto Blue Sky Solar Racing Team ($2.75 per semester)
- University of Toronto Human Powered Design Vehicle Team ($2.00 per semester)
- University of Toronto Baja Racing Team ($1.00 per semester)
- University of Toronto Robotics for Space Exploration Team ($1.75 per semester)
- University of Toronto Concrete Toboggan Team ($1.50 per semester)
- Skule Nite ($1.95 per semester)
Application ProcessApplication Download
- Fill in the written application. Please only use the space provided.
- Fill in the excel template to detail your operating budget.
- Email both the application and the excel file to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject:
“Levy Application – (Name of Organization/Levy)”
- The application will be discussed by the Finance Committee to reach a recommendation. Once the recommendation is approved by the Board, the finance secretary will let you know if your levy request has been approved or rejected.
Levy Referenda are typically held in March. Levy requests must be submitted by the end of January so that they can be approved by the Finance Committee and the Board of Directors in time for submission. More details about student levies can be found in the Engineering Society Policy on Levy Groups.
If you have any questions about Levies, please contact the VP Finance at email@example.com