If you are an EngSoc-affiliated Club, Associated Entity, Project Directorship, or Discipline Club, you can book a room through EngSoc. A variety of University of Toronto rooms and the Engineering Communications room (or "EngCom") are available for booking.
Note: Please book rooms at least 7 business days in advance. We cannot physically book rooms later than that as the website system blocks us out.
General Room Bookings: Only GB202 and the Engineering Communications (EngComm) room can be booked through EngSoc. Other bookings for rooms are done directly through Campus Events (formerly ACE). Please ensure that your group is affiliated with SOP to access these bookings when available. Instructions for booking non-EngSoc spaces can be found in this document , and more information about SOP affiliation can be found on their site.
EngCom/GB202 Room Bookings: EngCom is available for groups of up to 8 people and is equipped with a meeting table, a whiteboard, a television screen which can be used as a monitor, three computers, and a scanner. GB202 is available for larger groups. Both these rooms must be booked at least 7 days in advance, and you must sign out the key and make a refundable deposit to either Rhonda or the VP Communications. To book rooms, you can contact Rhonda firstname.lastname@example.org or the VP Communications email@example.com.
- You are responsible for everything that happens in the room while it is booked, including other people's actions. Do not bring any food or drinks into the room.
- Do not move furniture into or out of the room.
- Do not use the room's dedicated projector unless you have received explicit permission to do so. You will likely be fined by the university.
- Do not install software on the computers or modify the hardware setup of the computers.
- Do not use the computers for illegal activities. Please note that torrenting can result in the internet connection being disabled.
- Do not leave your things in the room when done. The room may only be used for storage if approved by the VP Communications. Non identifiable items will be thrown away.
- Do not move any material belonging to a club.
By requesting a room booking, you agree to abide by the rules outlined above. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact Rhonda firstname.lastname@example.org or the VP Communications email@example.com.